Monday, June 28, 2010

Beware of the lady who holds the scissors!

I'm pro-equality, pro-stay-home-Dads, pro-women in the workforce, even pro-it's OK-for-a-grown-man-to-cry-at-a-sad-movie but I'm also entirely convinced that certain jobs are best left for men to perform and that women should admit their shortcomings in the area of cutting and/or styling hair.

On Saturday morning, I took the boys for a haircut at the barber shop along Corning's main street. I didn't get to pick my preferred barber but accepted the offer of the 2 available barbers. Aidan picked the white-bearded chap bearing slight resemblance to Santa Claus with a sunny disposition. While Sean chose the gray-haired lady with the ultra-short unflattering hairstyle. That in itself should have rung alarm bells but I swear multiple pregnancies later, my brain cells don't fire up as rapidly.

Fifteen minutes later, my boys looked like this.












I thought Aidan's haircut was alright but Sean's haircut looked like he'd gotten the quintessential bowl cut. The hubs said it reminded him of Jim Carey's character in "Dumb and Dumber" .














This just further proved to me that I should never trust a lady to cut hair.

Perhaps you think me as biased and prone to sweeping statements but who can blame me when the first lady who'd cut my hair --and for far too many of my growing up years, (yes, you Mother dear!) -- made me famous for trendsetting the look below.


No comments:

Post a Comment